Life recently 41, January

Life recently 41, January | heyladyspring.com

At the end of the day all you have is yourself and that has to be good enough.

Like what the fox said in The Little Prince, I let myself be tamed. Before I knew it my life has become inseparable to people and things –worries, complacency, habit, obsessions– these things that bind and mock me. Eventually though you wake up, and realize that none of them was any good for you. They leave you empty and broken. Break free from these invisible shackles. There is nothing more infuriating and maybe a little bit sad than a bird who won't fly away from an open cage. You are strong and whole on your own and happiness is something you create within yourself. You cannot hope to find it elsewhere. It is pointless.

Walking around UP

~

Naturally as the new year begun, my goal was to regain my independence. It's tough the first few times. Like my knowledge of it belongs to someone else or to a time so far back. Just sitting alone in a coffee shop book at hand, eating alone in a diner blaring a well run playlist, or walking around aimlessly with my camera. Times I cherish the most these days.

~

Walking around UP

Walking around UP

Walking around UP

~

Reading The Bell Jar, Starbucks

I reluctantly went to our company party. haha I can be antisocial at times (a large crowd scare me and my attention span is sure to fizzle out faster than ice cream melting). Still I want to commend myself for the amount of socializing I did this January. *clap* *clap*

Reading The Bell Jar while waiting. I love the name of the event, Eternal Equinox. Well chosen title, yeah?! Music festival style. Crystals and Fire.

CVG Telstra kick off party, Eternal Equinox

CVG Telstra kick off party, Eternal Equinox

CVG Telstra kick off party, Eternal Equinox

~


On one of my walks, I found myself on the steps of the Vargas Museum. There were two exhibits: A picture book in space and Another Scale by Bencab.

~


Never lose yourself. Don't let anyone tame you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[If you don't see the comment form, you may need to wait a bit, reload the page again, or update your browser. Comments are moderated. Please check back again as I make an effort to reply to every comment. Thanks!]

Hello! I'd love to hear what you think about my post. Leave a friendly message below.