Take back your life

Flower love at Bantayan Island


The day you want to change for someone is the day you lose yourself. Change for your own growth and not as a distorted notion that someone will love you if you are a certain way.

I know it's hard not to feel insecure when you are in tune to your weaknesses. Then you have to deal with rejection and comparison. It's a recipe for self-doubt and a major blow to your self-esteem. I know it feels like hell.

I find there are only two things you must do:

Remove yourself from the situation. When your self-worth is in danger. Save yourself. Run! It's non-negotiable. We often learn it the hard way. We push and try to wring the connection dry as a sad attempt to experience something that wasn't there from the beginning. We go rock bottom - no - scratch that, we were the dirt beneath the layer of dust underneath the rock. We had nothing left because we gave all our love away even our dignity and self-respect.

Take back your life and grow it to something you're proud of. Improve on your strengths, fix your weaknesses, and keep on learning. The only approval you will always need is your own.

I am going to take back my life. I am my own savior, my own hero, the fierce protagonist of my own triumphant story. I'm a heroine who didn't wait around to be saved. :)

What I'm reading:

To The Women Whose Lives Are Not Love Stories
It’s Time To Take Your Life Back From What Broke You

No comments:

Post a Comment

[If you don't see the comment form, you may need to wait a bit, reload the page again, or update your browser. Comments are moderated. Please check back again as I make an effort to reply to every comment. Thanks!]

Hello! I'd love to hear what you think about my post. Leave a friendly message below.