Eiga Sai 2014


Eiga Sai 2014

Another year gone and it's time for Eiga Sai. I just went to my first screening last Friday. A lot has changed. It used to be just us geeks-the japanoholics-now I see normal people (lol so we're not normal?!). Anyway it was fun to watch movies alone again. It's just you and the movie in front of you. Ahhh but seriously I am going to pick where I sit carefully next time. I suffered through 2 hours of BO. (Ewww mura lang po ang deodorant!)

And so here are the movies I'm planning to see this year:

Eiga Sai 2014


Tamako in Moratorium reflects what happens after college graduation. As Tamako figures things out slowly -passing four seasons and with no real goals ahead- the movie also shows her relationship with her father and with various characters in the neighborhood. I love the idleness of the scenes. Typical of what I love about Japanese movies.

Schedule: July 08 - 7:30pm / July 12 - 1:30pm // TRAILER


The Kirishima Thing is a typical high school drama. Their world is shaken by the sudden absence of Kirishima - the popular high school volleyball player. I haven't seen it yet but I just know this is going to be a tearjerker. Japanese high school films are typically full of angst.

Schedule: July 06 - 1:30 pm / July 11 - 4:30pm // TRAILER


Eiga Sai 2014


Momoiro sora o (About the pink sky) tells the story of Izumi who finds a wallet filled with cash. Realizing it belongs to the son of a corrupt politician she decides to make "better use" of it by lending it to a struggling business man. She decides to return the rest of the money though and the owner quickly finds out about the missing money.

What I'm most excited about is that it was shot in black and white.

Schedule: July 08 - 4:30pm // TRAILER

A Story of Yonosuke - well the title says it all. It tells how Yonosuke affected people who knew him. A very short description, I guess saying more will tell the whole story. So let's just watch the movie! :)

Schedule: July 06 - 7:30pm / July 09 - 7:30 // TRAILER

 The rest of the movies and schedules can be downloaded here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[If you don't see the comment form, you may need to wait a bit, reload the page again, or update your browser. Comments are moderated. Please check back again as I make an effort to reply to every comment. Thanks!]

Hello! I'd love to hear what you think about my post. Leave a friendly message below.