Music Mix: Moony

Music Mix: Moony | heyladyspring.com

Music Mix: Moony | heyladyspring.com

Music, as they say, speak to us like a friend but mostly it's our own souls affirming truths we cannot form words for. Emotions demand to be felt if we are to truly master ourselves. Introspection through sounds, waves and words.

This was my June playlist actually. Lately I'm listening to more upbeat songs. A change in perspective I guess. I am at peace with ... everything. ♪( ^-^) Life is good!

Music-wise my world is expanding. I am finding the kind of music I like to listen to without even trying. Thanks to my very cool Tita. "Why don't you have spotify? Download it!" lol





Spotify Link | Download

Baby I'm a Fool | Melody Gardot "Baby I'm a fool who thinks it's cool to fall in love" 

I forgot from which playlist I got this song from. As soon as I heard the first verse, ah I fell in love. Her voice is somber but there's peace in her voice. Like she has come to terms with her broken love.

Slow Dancing in a Burning Room | John Mayer "This is the deep and dying breath of this love..."

This song has the angst of a love imploring, about to explode. My memory is a blackhole with these things but I think this is the only John Mayer song that I liked.

Sweet Dreams | Eurythmics (cover by OrtoPilot) "Everybody's looking for something"

Something I nabbed from Grim (the tv series). It's not a particularly gloomy song but since I associated it with the series I have a latent feeling of macabre whenever I listen to this song. Like I'm going to kill someone or something. *lol*

Burning House | Cam "it's the only place that I can hold you tight In this burning house"

Because for a time we live in an endless loop of the things we don't want to escape from, eventually we realize it's not our reality anymore.

Everyone's Got Something | Perrin Lamb "All I want is you"

For a time all I had in my playlist were folk music, jpop and kpop. I am trying to explore but my first love will always be folk music. I love the calmness in it and the focus on the sound of the instruments. I must admit my love for the song diminished because of someone I resent. I barely listen to it now because it reminds me of her. Curious how that happens noh?! Shame it's a really good song.~

Goodbye | Who is Fancy "Once we were a fire burning, Now you're just a lesson I'm learning"

I thought the artist is British because of the way he sings. Curious name too. Apparently they wanted music listeners to hear the music first before they get to know who the artist is thus a viral campaign of Who is Fancy?

Jackie and Wilson | Hozier "So tired trying to see from behind the red in my eyes"

Ah how I love Blues music. It's just so rich and moving. I prefer the live version.

A Change is Gonna Come | Sam Cooke "It's been a long, a long time coming but I know a change is gonna come, oh yes it will"

Another Blues song I found perusing Spotify's genre playlists. Ah what will I ever do without them. ( ゚ 3゚)~♪ This song apparently is the anthem for the American Civil Rights Movement. The story behind the creation of the song was an incident where the singer tried to check in to a hotel and was denied due to his color. The melody itself captured my heart, the anguish, the sadness yet the lyrics carries hope.

Happily Every After | Moira Dela Torre "That's exactly what I feel when you're next to me"

Look I'm bound to crack at some point. I need me some pop love song okay?! Don't hate. :p
My ultimate Moira song is "Don't Say Goodbye". I wonder why she didn't include it in her album. It's so beautiful – my ultimate breakup song. hahaha

Every second worst than the last
where do I go now if not for the past
It's the only place I can find you
holding on to me with your "I love you's"

See what are feelings?! (ಥ﹏ಥ)  /wrist

Dusk Till Dawn | Glaiza De Castro

I looked again at you today
and liked the person that i saw
this is how i wanted you to be
you played the game from dusk 'til dawn
you took the chance and risked it all
are you a better version of me?

A friend and I was doing this recommendation ping-pong for a while and this is the only song I liked from the ones he suggested. haha I'm so sorry K. Moreover I fell in love with the lyrics. Ultimately this song is the culmination of every frustration I have been feeling in my life at the moment. I have come to accept things for what they are and I am okay with them. I am letting them go and moving on. :)

I am no music critique. I simply like to word vomit. Thank you for listening (and reading). ( ̄◇ ̄)ゞ

No comments:

Post a Comment

[If you don't see the comment form, you may need to wait a bit, reload the page again, or update your browser. Comments are moderated. Please check back again as I make an effort to reply to every comment. Thanks!]

Hello! I'd love to hear what you think about my post. Leave a friendly message below.