Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

I arrived  in Baguio bus station a few minutes past 1 PM. For the day to be productive, I decided to visit Tam-awan village before looking for a hotel. Plus I needed to stretch, 6 hours travelling by bus is excruciating. Oh a little tip~ choose a seat at the very back of the bus – there's more leg room and it's not as bumpy as you think.

Tam-awan village was constructed for the purpose of educating about Cordilleran culture by making it accessible - location wise. They rebuilt and transported Ifugao houses from different parts of the Cordillera.




So what to expect – lots of hiking to get around. The place is designed like their native villages – you will encounter artifacts placed around the hike trail. Makes the whole experience authentic. They give you a map before you go in, there's a marker for a dreamcatcher at the very top of the hill. I got scared a little bit because I didn't know what trail I was following and nobody attempted to go as far as I did. I think I found what I was looking for though (It didn't look much like a dreamcatcher haha) but it was too bright and it burned through all my photos. Love the experience though.~

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

I had plans to stay here for a night that was why I went here straight from the bus station. I wanted to experience what it's like to stay in a real Ifugao house. I asked but they weren't so sure about the whole setup. Maybe I asked the wrong people. haha It's still one of my travel bucket list so maybe this year after the rainy season.

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

Tam-awan is not just a model village, it has also become a center for Cordillera art and culture. There is a mini gallery where you can see works by various artists. According to the website they also offer art workshops and culture shows. There is also a boutique and cafe.

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary

Like this one. I've seen this type of dance performed in my HS but nothing beats the real deal. I hope to see another version of this hopefully in a real village setting.

Tam-Awan Village: Baguio travel diary


How I got there: Taxi (lol sorry don't judge me, I was tired)
Accommodation: 500php / pax / stay in an Ifugao hut
Entrance fee: I'm not sure how much I paid. 50-150php maybe?

BAGUIO TRAVEL DIARY:



No comments:

Post a Comment

[If you don't see the comment form, you may need to wait a bit, reload the page again, or update your browser. Comments are moderated. Please check back again as I make an effort to reply to every comment. Thanks!]

Hello! I'd love to hear what you think about my post. Leave a friendly message below.