Kdrama: Sungkyunkwan Scandal

I don't usually watch Korean dramas cause they tend to be long thus making it hard to download all the episodes. I'd run out of space! ( >.<)~ though sometimes one drama will stick out from the bunch and I'd get totally obsessed with it. Such is what happened to me with Sungkyunkwan Scandal. This was a 2010 drama but till now I still fall head over heels with it.


Sungkyunkwan Scandal is set in Sungkyunkwan University in the late Joseon era during the reign of King Jeongjo (Yi San), revolving around the exploits and love stories of four youths. When her younger brother's illness worsens and their family is in danger of being evicted from their house for lack of money, Kim Yoon Hee enters the school under his name, disguised as a boy in her desperation to support him. There, she becomes friends with the intelligent and upright Lee Sun Joon, the playboy Goo Yong Ha and rebellious Moon Jae Shin.


So basically its a mix of Coffee prince x Hana Kimi x F4 set in Joseon dynasty. Its super cool! The visual experience is not bad as well. You'll get three hot guys and 1 pretty girl. kekeke

Anyway, back to the story.~ (^-^)v It gets serious in some parts but over-all I'd say it's a romantic comedy? What made it successful are its characters.


Park Min Yeong (Yoon Hee) is super cute! I didn't like her much in Ja-Myung (well she played an annoying princess so what to do?) glad she reinvented herself in this drama.


Mickey Yoochun (Sun Joon) is part of JYJ (and/was TVXQ). I don't really follow TVXQ so I don't know what to expect from him. He looks awkward at times but then again his Sun Joon character is awkward too. Over all I think he did a great job!


Yoo Ah In (Jae Shin) is super hot!!! He's the cute rebel. When the camera does a close-up you'll get drawn into his smoochy lips. ahahaha sorry fangirl mode :3


Lastly is Song Joong Ki (Goo Yong Ha), he's been getting popular even before this drama but I never paid much attention to him. Now, I AM SUPER OBSESSED WITH HIM! He's just so cute!!! His character is the twirling-playboy-strategist Goo Yong Ha. Get ready for his facial expressions, you'll get swept away by his charm. (^_~)v

trivia: Song Joong Ki also goes to present day Sungkyunkwan University (Business Administration department). Yong Ha = Joong Ki. Perfect match!



Links: wiki - watch here - gif's from lj communities (sorry forgot where exactly I got these)

No comments:

Post a Comment

[If you don't see the comment form, you may need to wait a bit, reload the page again, or update your browser. Comments are moderated. Please check back again as I make an effort to reply to every comment. Thanks!]

Hello! I'd love to hear what you think about my post. Leave a friendly message below.