How I lost 14 kg


I LOVE TO EAT. I love just about anything the "experts" say I shouldn't eat. One of the reasons I didn't start this weight loss journey sooner was because I thought I have to deprive myself and survive on rabbit food!

Well, I was wrong. I still eat whatever I want but I eat consciously and wisely.

How I lost the first 6kg: Stopped eating unhealthy food and switched to healthier ones.
  • Stopped eating fast food (i.e. Mcdo, Jollibee, etc.).
  • Removed all the processed food on the grocery list including: hotdog, maling, luncheon meat, Payless noodles, pancit canton, etc.
  • Removed all types of soda. I only drink water now. I still drink iced tea, shakes and milk tea but only a few times a month.
  • Switched from white rice to brown rice. It's a little more expensive and tedious to prepare but it makes you feel fuller. It has more nutrients and easier for your body to burn.
  • Switched from white bread to whole wheat bread. Same as above. I still eat "Pinoy bakery" favorites like cheese bread, brownies, ensaymada etc. but only 1 per day as reward. I don't eat them when I know I won't do any exercise.
  • Stopped eating junk food.

How I lost the next 5kg in 1 month: Started exercising and eating fruits & vegetables.
  • Started jogging/walking for 1 hour every day.
  • Started eating 1-2 vegetable servings each day.
  • Started eating fruits as snack.

This was a quick 5 kg drop. I admit I drastically removed any meat and rice to my diet. Also I was barely eating anything during this time for about 2 weeks. I was going through a difficult time. (^_^;")> Anyway I still made sure I was not totally out of nutrients. I ate fruits, whole wheat bread, my favorite sandwich spread, Subway sandwich *lol* and lots of water.

How I lost the next 3kg in 2 months: This was a veryyyyy slow drop.
  • Eating anything I want as long as it's within my 1200 calorie goal a day. (I joined MyFitnessPal, it let's you log everything you eat and it has a very helpful community of others going through the same fitness problems as you.)
  • Drink 8 glasses of water (this also makes your skin less oily)
  • I do 40-50mins endurance run on the treadmill + 10-30mins on a stationary bike.


How I plan to lose the last 5kg:
  • Increase calorie levels to 1400 calorie per day.
  • Eat more fruits & vegetables.
  • Less bread. *lol* 
  • Re-plan my grocery list & daily diet.
  • Increase protein intake + metabolism + immune system boosting foods.
  • Eat a proper breakfast.
  • Increase strength training to 3-4 times a week.
  • Do sprints on the treadmill instead of endurance run.
  • Play badminton twice or thrice a week.
  • Go swimming once a week.

Got tips for losing weight?, leave me a comment below :)

Tagged under Fitness Journal | © photo from Nike Women

No comments:

Post a Comment

[If you don't see the comment form, you may need to wait a bit, reload the page again, or update your browser. Comments are moderated. Please check back again as I make an effort to reply to every comment. Thanks!]

Hello! I'd love to hear what you think about my post. Leave a friendly message below.