Recipe: Buttered corn & carrots

Buttered corn and carrots recipe

Corn is one of those food that taste so good but you must eat in small servings. I, however, can eat 2 large corn cobs in one sitting. It's low in calorie (if in cobs) but doesn't fill you up so you're bound to eat another snack just to feel satisfied. Another downside of corn is its high sodium content. :/

Carrots are really low in calories and its a good source of Vitamin A. It's good for the eyes and may help improve your immune system.  The problem is I don't like most vegetables including carrots. (^-^;")ゞ

My friend taught me this recipe so I can sneak vegetables I don't like eating with those that I love.

Ingredients:
1 can of yellow corn kernels
1 carrot, diced (quantity according to preference)
1 tbsp butter (quantity according to preference)
1-2 pinch of salt to taste

Instructions:
  1. Boil corn & carrots together in a frying pan.
  2. When the carrots become soft enough, lower the temperature & drain the water.
  3. Add 1 tbsp butter or add more according to your preference.
  4. Add salt to taste.

This recipe yields 5 servings, about 86-90 calorie each. I usually eat it as a snack, 2-3 days replacement for bread. Not bad noh?

You can also add other vegetables like green peas, cauliflower etc. or take after me and add vegetables you wouldn't normally eat on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[If you don't see the comment form, you may need to wait a bit, reload the page again, or update your browser. Comments are moderated. Please check back again as I make an effort to reply to every comment. Thanks!]

Hello! I'd love to hear what you think about my post. Leave a friendly message below.